One of the eligibility requirements is that all entrants’ businesses must support a technology, product, or service in the clean energy sector. Another requirement is that you have to enter this competition as part of a team - you can't enter as an individual.
Your entry can include but is not limited to:
- Renewable sources of energy (solar, wind, fuel cells, bio-fuels, geothermal, hydro-technologies, etc.)
- Conservation and demand response (building use, grid management, delivery & transportation, resource mining, extraction and refining)
- Enabling technologies (power electronics, storage systems and batteries, cables & wires, sensors & instrumentation, control systems, materials & manufacturing technology)
- More efficient & effective use of hydrocarbons (hybrid cars, cleaner use of coal, more environmentally friendly oil recovery methods, CO2 sequestration)
- Integrated Systems (sustainable design & integrated clean energy applications)
The deadline to apply is in February of 2008.
You can apply via their website.