As I have stated many times before there are lots of grant programs that are looking for eligible applicants! Here is an example of another one!
This free grant program is open to 501(c)(3) organizations located within the state. Your non-profit organization must be focused on improving health experiences or building healthy communities in the areas of:
- Childhood health and education -- Projects or initiatives that seek to improve health and academic achievement of children through the educational landscape
- Family wellness and active lifestyles -- Projects or initiatives that strengthen the health of families through physical, social, mental, emotional, or environmental support
- Health literacy for diverse populations and seniors -- Projects or initiatives dedicated to improving people's ability to access, understand, and use health information, especially low income populations, and seniors
Said one spokesperson for the grant program, "The economy has left many of the nation's nonprofit organizations struggling for financial support to keep up with the increased demand of those in need.
The organization that is sponsoring this grant program to inspire others to lend a hand to the organizations that make a difference in promoting healthy lives and a healthy community.
A panel of local judges, comprised of community leaders, public officials and business representatives, will work with the grant program to select the $100,000 grant winner. Finalists will make a formal presentation before the panel of community-leader judges. The winner will be announced at a celebratory dinner Friday, October 8.
Past grant recipients include:
- a nonprofit organization committed to fostering the physical, social, cognitive and emotional growth of young children with special needs
- a nationwide nonprofit (with a chapter in the state), which had started a program for new parents.
If your non-profit organization is located in the state (or has a local chapter in the state) then you are encouraged to visit the grant program's website to download a copy of this year's application and review program guidelines. Questions can also be directed to the grant program by phone or by e-mail.