This contest is open to anyone with bold ideas and tremendous talent! Whether you’re new to mobile or an experienced coder, you could win up great prizes along with new opportunities to grow your business. It can also include applications for education, health care and more. Also sought are applications that guide individuals to make the right ethical choice and lead a sustainable lifestyle.
The contest challenges mobile and web application developers worldwide to submit entries in three categories:
The deadline to apply is
June 30, 2009!
- the opportunity to demo your winning application at a specified event this Fall
- "Spotlight" placement featuring your winning application at a newly announced store where consumers will find the best mobile applications and content for their devices.
Each contest category has been refined to provide you with additional guidance about the types of applications that the judges will be expecting to see.
All entries must be submitted by midnight (Eastern Standard Time) on 30 June 2009, so get started right away!
Here’s what you do to get started:
- Decide which category best fits your skills and interests, and then get the needed tools, documentation, and other support from our forum. It’s free to join, and when you become a member of the forum you can make the most of it's extensive development, testing, signing, go to market, and community resources.
- Create your application or widget -- or optimize your website -- for a specif mobile device.
- Submit your best work to the contest before the deadline at midnight (Eastern Standard Time) on 30 June 2009.
Full details about this competition can be found in the official rules.
The total cash and prizes for the 2009 contest are worth more than $250,000!
The top three submissions in each category will receive cash and prizes that include:
- Grand Prize winner: $30,000 USD in cash; "Spotlight" placement featuring the winning application for 4 weeks on the top page of a newly announced store, where consumers will find the best mobile applications and content for their devices; and paid travel to demo the winning application at a specified event in the Fall 2009.
- 2nd Place: $15,000 USD in cash; "Spotlight" placement featuring the winning application for 3 weeks on a relevant category page in a newly announced store, where consumers will find the best mobile applications and content for their devices.
- 3rd Place: $10,000 USD in cash; "Spotlight" placement featuring the winning application for 2 weeks on a relevant category page in a newly announced store, where consumers will find the best mobile applications and content for their devices.
The finalists of the contest will be announced on 17 August 2009.
State-Wide Equine Grant Program
equine - of or relating to the horse
By law, the funding for this particular grant program must go to support "equine research, education and promotion". Any group, individual, company or institution may apply for funding. Preference will be given to projects benefiting the largest number of people/horses. Grants to institutions and individuals will be related to equine research, education and industry enhancements and promotion.”
Over $70,000 has been already awarded from funding from this grant program. The awards went to projects in nine communities and were presented at the state's Horse Fair.
A detailed research application is available (as well as a shorter project application) via the website or you can contact the program directly by phone.
Grant recipients include: