In addition to getting the cash award you also get additional help resources and tools!
To apply you just have to tell what kind of business that you want to start (or what kind of business that you have always dreamed of starting). You will also have to tell why and how the grant will help you in starting your own business.
In order to be eligible:
This is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older as of date of entry. Participants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the state of California. Void in Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and U.S. military bases outside the U.S., and wherever else or otherwise restricted by law.
In order to apply you have to complete their online registration form with your name, complete mailing address, email address, phone number, age, title of your entry, and confirm that by submitting an entry, you agree that Sponsor may post your entry on their website for viewing by visitors to their website. There are two ways to enter:
- Entrants may submit a video that must not be longer than 2 minutes and must be submitted in QuickTime (.mov) OR .avi format. Only the first two minutes of the video will be judged.
- Entrants may submit a story which will have a limit of 250 words and a photograph that must not be larger than 1MB and must be submitted in JPG format (can be Black & White or color photograph). Limit one photograph per entry. All entries must be in English. There is no limit to the number of entries per person, as long as each entry is different and meets all requirements. For privacy reasons, you may include just your first name, but not your last name, in your entry. Entries may be submitted by individual or group entrants with a representative of the group submitting the required information who will also be responsible for receiving any prize on behalf of the group. Sponsor will only give the award(s) to the group representative and will not be responsible for presenting prize to any of the other group members.
Your entry must convey the following ideas:
- What’s your idea for starting your own company?
- What you will resign from?
- What you would do with the award to pursue starting a business?
- OR if you have already started your own company, please describe your experiences getting started in your application and also answer the question, What did you resign from?
By submitting a video or story with photograph each applicant represents that the application submitted (including the music, beats and lyrics in the video or essay and photograph) is the original work of entrant and has never been published and has not previously won any contest award. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for disputes between persons claiming authorship of the Entry. Each entrant further represents that use thereof does not infringe third party rights (including, but not limited to those of any videographer or any individual featured in the video), is suitable for publication and the right to submit it is not restricted by copyright. You may not sample any music that is not in the public domain in your Entry. Entry cannot defame, disparage or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's personal or proprietary rights. Entrant represents that any individuals in the Entry who are identifiable have consented to the use of their image and performance in the video, the submission of the video and the use of the Entry by Sponsor in any way Sponsor deems appropriate, including any and all media, and that such individuals will sign all necessary documents granting Sponsor these rights if required by Sponsor.
Applications must be suitable for publication in a public forum (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), may not contain nudity, profanity, or threats of physical violence, and may not reflect negatively on the Sponsor or its products. Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification at Sponsor's sole discretion. No correspondence regarding Entries will be entered into with entrants. Entries submitted become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. With respect to the Entry entered, entrant unconditionally assigns and transfers to Sponsor all rights, title, interest and claims in the Entry, including, without limitation, the copyright therein, and waives any moral rights in the Entry. Sponsor shall have right to post, use, broadcast, display, publicly perform, alter, edit, assign, or dispose of such Entries in whole or in part (including clips or still frames from Entries) however it sees fit in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory without approval of entrant. Winners will be required, as a condition of being awarded a prize, to grant the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, image, likeness and biographical materials and any other individuals appearing in the Entry, as well as the winning video and/ or essay and photograph submitted, for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes including, without limitation, online announcements without additional compensation.
Entries received that are illegible, incomplete, or are not submitted online will be disqualified. Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules will not be eligible.
Entries must comply with the following content guidelines to be eligible:
- Content may not be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity;
- Content may not promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Content may not be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Content may not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, or other people, products or companies;
- Content may not contain trademarks, logos or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Content may not contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including music, photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission;
- Content may not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
- Content may not communicate messages or images inconsistent with the images to which Sponsor wishes to associate.