- A state university motion pictures graduate has received a $5,000 grant award. The graduate heads a group that produces and films original sketch comedy shows.
- A local sculptor who has also received grant money from this program says that his grant award "relieves financial worry, but it really makes me feel good about this place. When I tell artists who live elsewhere that my county gives tax money to individual artists, the envy is palpable."
- A Watercolor artist was given a $10,000 lifetime achievement award
- A Fiber artist was recognized for special achievement.
- Nine other visual artists were presented with a $5,000 fellowship following a competitive review of applicants
- Most of the money — $600,000 — went to 16 major arts and cultural groups for general operating support. Among them:
- local museum
- A Ballet Company
- A Contemporary Dance Company
- An Opera Company
- A Philharmonic Orchestra
- A Public Television Station
- A Theatre Company
- A Rhythm Group
- A local radio station
A total of $137,415 in grants supporting special projects were awarded to 28 small and mid-sized groups following a competitive review process which included:
- A Youth Leadership Group
- An Asian American Council
- A Holocaust Center received $5,500
- An International Festival received $4,000
- A Jazz Orchestra received $5,000
- A Ballet Company received $6,000
- A Chorus Group received $5,282
- A K-12 program received a $10,000 grant award!
*Please see my Grant Basics 101 - Daycare-Related Page for more information about grant programs for daycare!
- A Children's Choir received $9,000
- A Firefighters/EMS Association received $2,500
- A Dance Collective received $7,000
- A Church received $5,000
More information about this annual grant program is available by phone and website!
|".....Armed with government grants, libraries began to digitize photo collections and other critical print material....."|