Thursday, July 31, 2008

Financial Assistance For Diabetics!

Here is a quote from an article appearing on Live-PR.com:

The Federal Government has billions of dollars in free aid and assistance available for diabetics and diabetic small businesses. Many of these grants, loans and other sources of aid are seldom awarded because eligible diabetics and diabetic businesses do not know about them, do not have internet access or knowledge of existing programs.

For instance, did you know that there are financial grant programs out there for diabetics who are handicapped, sixty-two to sixty-five or older that can provide assistance with necessary home repairs such as roofing and both inside and outside home repairs?

One of the staff members of these programs has said:

"There are billions of dollars in assistance and grants earmarked for people previously identified as credit risks. Public and private funds are now available for them to repair homes, start a business, consolidate debts and any worthwhile purpose." . In addition there are also several reduced-cost and free programs that already exist now to help diabetics and the economically disadvantaged who have been diagnosed with diabetes. Such programs include energy assistance, free prescriptions, home repair and legal aid.

The programs also includes job training, financial assistance, phone bill assistance, diabetic recipes, free grants and scholarship information.

For additional information on these programs you can contact the program director or you can visit the organization's website. The organization can also be contacted via their offices, telephone, email and website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st of all...thanks to my good friend Cindy for sending this link to me and caring enough to try and help me out with my situation. Thank You Cindy... you're an AWESOME friend...I owe ya BIG time!!! ;o)

Now for me. I'm a 48 year old type 1 insulin dependent diabetic for 35years. Who has lost his wife in 2002 and then lost my house in 2005. Was homeless for 14 days after I lost my house living in camp sights and parking lots with my 3 dogs.

I'm also disabled from from other health problems and I injured my back at work in 1995. I've had 2 spinal fusions ( titanium rods,pins,plate,screws etc....put in there and then I was starting to get better and then was in 2 car accidents after that. The last one being a hit and run. At least they caught that low life.

Now I'm losing my eye sight from my diabetes. Isn't diabetes such a wonderful disease? NOTTTTTTTTTTTTT

( If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all... yeah I know! I even started writing a song with that title! ) Yeah I know I may seem a bit cynical...but do you blame me?

Anyway, now I'm in danger of losing this double wide manufactured home I bought from a bank repo with the last of my settlement money that I had left over from various lawsuits... ( that is, what the scum sucking ambulance chasers didn't take. )

I couldn't afford to pay my property or school taxes last year (2007.) Which I don't understand why I should have to pay property taxes anyway. I don't own the property just the trailer and I didn't get a deed after I bought this place...I got a title.

So if there is anyone out there that can help me with this situation. Please let me know how or what I can do.

Thanks

God Bless & Always
Count Your Blessings

Peace,
Chris

Rose said...

Actually someone already has written a song called "Murphy's Law" - sorry!

The first thing that I always tell people is to get in contact with their local social services agency. These agencies have been put in place to help people - that is what they are there for! If any agency would know about grants (both government and other) then it would be them.

Now if there aren't able to help you (and I don't know why they wouldn't be) then it really is up to you to find the information for yourself. I have a brother who is a vetern and he gets 2 checks a month! He lives in an apartment that costs less than $500 a month! And a good 75% of his medical bills are paid by the government!

Since you have access to this blog then that means that you also have access to the Internet and 90% of the information that I have found about grant programs has been on the Internet!

You can visit my grants page to find out more information about grants and grant programs in general.