Wednesday, August 6, 2008

When Is A Grant Program NOT A Grant Program?




This is only my personal opinion but I do not consider a grant program an actual grant program if you have to pay a fee to be eligible to apply for it. Here is an example:


There is so-called business grant program for women who want to start their own business. You have to be over 18 and be a US resident.

According to their literature, this organization started the grant program to help women who had a dream of starting their own business.

Like most of the grant programs for those that want to start their own business you have to submit a business plan. However in order to be eligible to apply for this grant you have to pay a $15 fee along with submitting your business plan.


Although I do not consider this a grant program, I keep its information in my files just in case my clients do want that kind of information.




No comments: