Thursday, July 24, 2008

Grant Funding For Churches?

Dear Rose,

I am currently looking for funding for my church. Do you know of any possible grants that help with church or religious organizations? I have had a hard time looking for one and would like to finally get some results or help.

Thanks, A. H.


I took the liberty of checking my Grant Basics 101 page just to see what kind of information I had about grant programs for churches. Here is an excerpt from my page:

"Church Related Grant Programs

-Rural Methodist Churches may be eligible to apply for a grant program that awards grant amounts between $15,000 and $50,000 to help fund after-school programs for children.



added 10/14/07


- Repair and Restoration Grants - Provide much-needed capital improvement dollars for church buildings. The Fund recognizes that a church's greatest and most urgent need often can be to maintain and repair the buildings that provide the place for ministry to happen. Under this program, churches can receive up to $50,000 from the Fund to renovate or repair their buildings. All dollars raised by the church will be matched on a 2:1 basis by the Fund. In 2004, nine organizations received Repair and Restoration Grants totaling $400,764.


~added 12/12/05
"



Mind you that this is just the "tip of the iceberg" but it should show you that there are indeed grant programs out there for churches and religious organizations.



I get information about grant programs emailed to me all the time so I know that there are grant programs out there for churches and religious organizations.


No comments: