Over $100,000 in grant money has been approved in an state-related arts grant program whose mission it is to improve the quality of life and promote philanthropy in their local area. Below is a partial list of the grant recipients and how much in grant money they received.
If these grant recipients sound similar to the kind of organization that you have then you should find out whether or not your organization is eligible to apply for this grant money as well!
- A local chorus group received $4,000 to support that chorus's children's festival
- An Elementary school received over $3000 towards the addition of a multimedia center for integration of the school's curriculum.
- An Arts organization received $7,500, for a weeklong day camp for youths ages 5-19 to have the opportunity to discover their artistic passion through a variety of mediums, including dance, art, drama, music, puppetry and sign language.
- Ballet Company received over $5,000, to provide assistance with costume acquisition to add to their permanent collection.
- A Chorus group received $1,500 to help support the 2009 concert season.
- One center for the arts received $15,000, to create museum admission fee waivers for participating schools in the local area.
- One of the local county's 4-H Leader's Association received a grant of $3,025 to provide scholarships for local county youths to attend a summer camp program.
- A local festival organization received $7,200 to help support their community-based music education program.
- A $6,000 grant award was provided to provide materials and general support for an after-school program for local area children.
- A youth ballet company received $6,000 in funding for their 2009-2010 season.
- A $10,000 grant was awarded to help assist with a traveling music exhibit that will visit schools.
- One of the local Symphony Orchestras received over $10,000 for transportation and admission waivers for schoolchildren to attend one of their performances
- A Hip-Hop organization received over $10,000, to help assist with their Boot Camp program for youths in grades 6-12 that provides an urban 4-H experience.
So as you can see, it's not just big organizations and non-profit groups that may be eligible for grant programs.
If any of the grant recipients mentioned above sound like your organization then your organization may be eligible to apply for grant programs such as this one.
Teachers Win Grant Award Money
For Their Own Personal Use!
Several teachers from different schools have each received a grant award of $500 each for their exemplary commitment and achievements. Each grant was given for personal use in exchange for the teachers' commitment to their students, colleagues and their communities. The foundation that sponsors this grant award has said, "This special thank you is a small token of appreciation for all the time and service they dedicate to making our Catholic schools an exceptional place to learn and grow." So far, this grant award program has given out over 500 grants totaling over $450,000 to educators and staff of schools in one local area! In addition to the $500 awards, the Foundation will present Grand Awards of $5,000 throughout the school year.
The Foundation has been able to provide approximately $22 million through hundreds of grants to various religious, educational and charitable organizations within the state during its 50 plus years of existence. In addition, donor-advised funds maintained at the Foundation have accounted for many more grants amounting to millions of dollars over the years.
The grant award recipients are nominated by students, teachers, parents, administrators and community members. This year, the Foundation has formed a committee, with members of its Advisory Council, to read the nomination letters received each month and decide which teachers and staff members will receive the award. The nominations are judged based on traditional merit criteria including tenure and leadership, acts of kindness or charity, Christian example, mentoring and simply going the extra mile for an individual student, family or the community.
Here is a partial listing of recipients who each received the $500 award in recognition of their outstanding service. Each is listed with a comment from the nomination letter submitted on his or her behalf.
To nominate a candidate for this grant award, please be sure to visit the Foundation's web site for instructions on the nomination process.
Anyone serving as a full- or part-time employee in a Catholic school located in the local area may be nominated!
For additional information about this foundation, you can contact them by phone or you can visit their website as well.