Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Grants, not Loans

While the name of my grants page is called Grant Basics 101, I also have information about other kinds of "funding" programs on my Grants Related Page

This includes information about loan programs, investors, contests, unclaimed money, scholarships and fellowships.

However my emphasis is on grant programs. Give people the choice between getting a grant and getting a loan - personally I think that most people would want to choose the grant.

There also seems to be a growing debate of the responsibility of the government. When disasters happen - like Katrina - should the government give grants or loans? People who have been faced with calamities don't want the extra burden of having to pay back a loan. A certain amount of our tax dollars go to help those who are low-incomed or who live in areas that have been declared a federal state of emergency.

No comments: