What Kind Of Non-Profit Organizations Receive Grants?
Over 50 local groups are being offered grants in a specific grant program that is aimed at more rural areas!
This "free grant money" was funded by taxpayers in the local rural areas!.
The grants are going to a wide range of community, environmental, cultural and recreational groups. Also being supported are a handful of organizations based in the local municipalities that offer facilities or services used by the rural taxpayers as well. Examples include a theater company and an art gallery.
The grants were all recently approved at one of the monthly meetings of the regional district board, based on the joint recommendations of the local rural directors.
Here is a partial listing of some of the organizations that will be receiving their grants:
- A local garden society will use their $1,5000 grant money to assist with the installation of an automatic underground irrigation system
- Another organization will use their $2,000 grant award to help pay insurance costs
- a local are project received a $200 grant that will go towards cultivating vegetables locally
- a local church received a $200 that they will use towards operating expenses
- a local art gallery will use their $4,000 grant towards operating expenses
- another organization received a $6,000 grant to help assist with educating and promoting their agricultural community
- a local farmer's market will use their $3,000 grant towards operating expenses
- a rugby club will use their $900 grant to assist with the formation of a mini's program and continuation of a juniors program
- a historical museum society organization received a $5,000 grant that they will use towards their operating expense.
- another historical organization will receive a $1,500 grant that they will use to help and to assist with the development and publishing of promotional and educational content ($1,500)
- a community library will receive a $500 grant that they will use to assist with book purchases
- a $2,000 daycare grant was awared to a daycare-related organization that they will use to help pay for exterior building improvements
- a local festival organization will use their $2,000 grant to help with their annual festival
- a local animal organization will use their $300 grant towards spaying and neutering feral cats ($300)
These are examples of the kinds of non-profit organizations that have (and are) received grant money. If you have a similar kind of organization then you can see from the list above the kinds of non-profit organizations that can receive grants.
But please be aware that there are also grant programs available for for-profit businesses as well!